Re: problem with bar numbers and marks

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: problem with bar numbers and marks
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:35:58 +0000 (UTC)

Werner LEMBERG <wl <at> gnu.org> writes:

> [release/2.17.15-1-39-g2e81934]
> with a recent lilypond version, I get this warning multiple times
>
>   programming error: cyclic dependency:
>    calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights
>    (VerticalAxisGroup)

Phil is running into this message when running the patchy merge, followed
by a segmentation fault, so I posted this as issue 3409 on the tracker.

I think these two errors are independent, though,  The programming error
in your example has occurred as far back as version 2.13.60, and what I
understand about the cause does not give me any hint that it could lead
to a segfault.

The input that raises the errors and segfault for Phil is Haipeng's
example /Documentation/ly-examples/orchestra.ly which has a lot going on.