Busy Developers' Summary 10: we have a blog!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Busy Developers' Summary 10: we have a blog!
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:15:27 +0200

Hi,

it's been a while since the previous summary - sorry for that (keep in
mind that anyone can write them, don't feel shy about it!).

So, this one will span a month and starts with some old stuff:

David is truly heroic in his struggle to get PostScript rendering as
consistent as possible (issue 2658).  If i were him, i'd probably blow
my computer up already, and had sent death threats to people
responsible for this hideous situation.  He had paused the work to
make sure that he won't loose his sanity, but i'm sure he'll go back
to it when the time comes.  I'm already using one of his patches in my
custom LilyPond build and i'm very satisfied by the results. Kudos to
David!

Work is (was?) being done on better supporting point-and-click,
particularly on Windows:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-05/msg00027.html
but also on Linux:

Again, there was some discussion about issues blocking stable release:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-06/msg00031.html

Frescobaldi 2.0.10 has been released

Urs Liska sent a revised version of his paper about benefits of using
text input in music publishing, something that can have a significant
infulence on LilyPond acceptance in academic circles:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-06/msg00136.html

LilyPond blog was launched by Janek Warchoł on June 2nd!  It is
currently located at https://lilypondblog.wordpress.com but there are
plans to move it to another location (our own domain).  There are 10
posts already, the last one being an interview with Urs Liska (who
suggested the blog name).  Expected posting rate in the near future is
2 posts per week - please read us and comment!  Our motivation to
write interesting content increases when we see comments and visits :)
And btw, *everyone* is invited to contribute to the blog.  Don't feel
shy about it; you don't have to write an academic paper as a post :)
Anything interesting about LilyPond and music engraving will be
accepted.
Of course i hope that you will find the blog extremely interesting :D

best,
Janek