Re: Documentation policy

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Documentation policy
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:11:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:03 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

If you look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation
and the third example down, there's a single piece of music repeated
three times but with different options on spacing.  I've noticed a
number of similar examples.  I'd find it clearer if the music were
assigned to a variable, and the examples used that variable - it would
be absolutely clear what was changed between the examples.  It would
also save a little space. Is there a reason for not doing this?

Snippets are all compiled independently.

I realise that. The one I referred to is attached - as you'll see, the music

     c'2
     c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16
     \tuplet 5/4 {
       c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16

is repeated 3 times in the single snippet.

--
Phil Holmes