Documentation policy

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Documentation policy
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:13:28 +0100

If you look at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation and the third example down, there's a single piece of music repeated three times but with different options on spacing. I've noticed a number of similar examples. I'd find it clearer if the music were assigned to a variable, and the examples used that variable - it would be absolutely clear what was changed between the examples. It would also save a little space. Is there a reason for not doing this?

--
Phil Holmes