Re: Ignoring note value when spacing notes and rests

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ignoring note value when spacing notes and rests
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:56:21 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Benkő Pál" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:27 PM

2013/6/15 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
I'm setting a piece of late 16th century music (it's in Musica Transalpina),
and at this time notes and rests tended to occupy a space determined by
their fitment on the page, rather than their note value.  I've read the
section of the NR on proportional spacing, which does exactly the opposite
of what I want.  Is there a way to force essentially uniform spacing,
regardless of note value?

I'd love such a command too; in the meantime I play with settings like