Re: Ignoring note value when spacing notes and rests

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Ignoring note value when spacing notes and rests
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:08:09 +0200

Hello,

2013/6/15 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>
I'm setting a piece of late 16th century music (it's in Musica Transalpina), and at this time notes and rests tended to occupy a space determined by their fitment on the page, rather than their note value.  I've read the section of the NR on proportional spacing, which does exactly the opposite of what I want.  Is there a way to force essentially uniform spacing, regardless of note value?

How about this solution?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-08/msg00301.html

HTH
--