Re: LilyPond internships and LilyPond graduation projects. MusicXMLexpor

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LilyPond internships and LilyPond graduation projects. MusicXMLexport!
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:04:23 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
To: "LilyPond Developmet Team" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:41 PM

Hi folks,

my cousin Franek has chosen working on LilyPond as his summer
internship (Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics of Warsaw
University requires students to complete internships so that they gain
experience in working on real-life projects - i suppose other
universities do the same).

Excellent.

There is just one formal requirement: some organization or business
entity (of course it should be affiliated with LilyPond in some way)
has to provide a "certificate" after he finishes his work.  Do you
know who could do this?  This doesn't have to be anything formal -
just a note that student so-and-so worked on LilyPond during summer
for estimated x hours.

Although I suspect this will be difficult, since there are no organisations or business entities (AFAIK) associated with Lilypond. I would be happy to offer to do this personally - I'm a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, and ex-CTO at BT labs and Director of Engineering at Motorola, so could quote those as indicators of ability to endorse your cousin?

--
Phil Holmes