ssh problems (can't push to staging)

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: ssh problems (can't push to staging)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

Unfortunately I'm getting errors when trying to push.  I

generated an SSH key long ago when I used to contribute some
years ago, but today it asked for a password which I didn't
know about (none of my usual passwords worked).  I did
upgrade my Ubuntu version during the interim, so perhaps
it's related to that.

Anyway, I removed ~/.ssh/ and started over using the
instructions in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/commit-access
including updating my key on the Savannah site, but it still
doesn't work after an hour:

$ git pull --verbose
Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
Permission denied (publickey).

Are those instructions out of date?  And more to the point,
can anyone here troubleshoot this with me?  I never
understood the intricacies of SSH and I am at a loss.

Thanks.
- Mark