Re: issue 3441: banjo example should use Staff + TabStaff (issue 1093504

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: issue 3441: banjo example should use Staff + TabStaff (issue 10935046)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 19:54:09 +0000

Some thoughts, otherwise LGTM.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10935046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely
File Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/10935046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely#newcode1864
Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely:1864: \override
Staff.StringNumber.stencil = ##f

I'm not sure about the \override
It surely looks better.
Though, our policy seems to be to put no \override into the NR, apart
from situations where it's necassary.
One might argue it's not.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10935046/diff/1/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely#newcode1870
Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely:1870: \new StaffGroup <<

Currently we have several examples with and without \new StaffGroup.
That's not consistent.
IMHO, we should group every \Staff with additional \TabStaff without
SystemStartBracket and SpanBar, i.e. omitting \new StaffGroup.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10935046/