Busy Developers' Summary 11: the blog moved :)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Busy Developers' Summary 11: the blog moved :)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 02:30:50 +0200

Hi all,

late again...

The Freeze aimed at releasing stable 2.18 continues.  I had some
doubts whether it was working properly
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-07/msg00008.html),
but became more or less convinced that breaking it would be a bad
idea.

David gave us a more detailed announcement about this year's developer
meeting, which will take place Friday 16th to Tuesday 20th of August:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-06/msg00120.html
Please let David know whether you'll be there.

Urs Liska started a discussion about creating a "lilypond-doc"
package, which could be used to document an API of a particular
LilyPond project or library and for documenting the musical content as
well, for example as a critical report:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-06/msg00157.html
There was a lively discussion about potential format that would be used.

LilyPond blog had moved from wordpress.com to its own domain -
lilypondblog.org.  We also have a Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/lilypondblog and Twitter
https://twitter.com/lilypondblog (apart from RSS)!
Please like us, follow us and recommend to your friends!  And last but
not least, feel invited to contribute a little something - think of us
as a replacement for the LilyPond Report :)

LilyPond was accepted by Warsaw University as a valid student
internship and also a good topic for an undergraduate team project.  I
hope to bring some new contributors to LilyPond this way - you can try
the same at your local college/university/whatever!

Finally a small personal note: i'm going for a 6-day trip so i'll be
(mostly) offline for a while.

best,
Janek

PS what do you think about posting these summaries on our blog?