Re: Fedora 19 comes with guile 2.0.9 - cannot use 2.17.22

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Fedora 19 comes with guile 2.0.9 - cannot use 2.17.22
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:43:07 +0200

Hello Frédéric,

If you install different versions of some software under different access
paths/file names, you can use "module-init-tools"
(https://modules.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page) to switch from one
version to another seamlessly.

This works behind the curtain by modifying environment variables such as PATH
and MANPATH, and is available for both with bash and tcsh.

Can supply concrete examples if needed.

JM