Re: Build: Fix out-of-tree build from tarball. (issue 13854043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Build: Fix out-of-tree build from tarball. (issue 13854043)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 10:27:07 +0000

Basically, LGTM, but I might take a look at the German doc regarding the
grammar inclusion.  It would be preferable to be able to diss that.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13854043/diff/7001/Documentation/GNUmakefile
File Documentation/GNUmakefile (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/13854043/diff/7001/Documentation/GNUmakefile#newcode283
Documentation/GNUmakefile:283: $(outdir)/contributor.texi:
$(outdir)/ly-grammar.txt
As mentioned in the comments: I don't think that contributor.texi
depends on ly-grammar.txt: it just has a @verbatiminclude of it inside.
So it should be that whatever depends on contributor.texi would also
depend on ly-grammar.txt.

Concretely: contributor.texi does not need to get rebuilt when touching
ly-grammar.txt.  I don't see a worse problem, though.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13854043/diff/7001/Documentation/de/GNUmakefile
File Documentation/de/GNUmakefile (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/13854043/diff/7001/Documentation/de/GNUmakefile#newcode11
Documentation/de/GNUmakefile:11: $(outdir)/notation.texi:
$(outdir)/ly-grammar.txt
That gives us our own copy of ly-grammar.txt in the German
documentation, right?  Ugh.  Not fun.

Maybe we should push a quickfix for the German documentation first in
order to not even have to think about this one.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13854043/