Re: Add the command \offset to LilyPond (issue 8647044)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add the command \offset to LilyPond (issue 8647044)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:15:57 +0000

On 2013/10/20 15:51:57, david.nalesnik wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/8647044/diff/48001/scm/music-functions.scm
File scm/music-functions.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/8647044/diff/48001/scm/music-functions.scm#newcode2118
scm/music-functions.scm:2118: (let* ((immutable
(ly:grob-basic-properties grob))
I just noticed something unfortunate while attempting to write
documentation for
\offset.  Basically, `property' needs to be specified using the older
notation
-- i.e., with #' prefixed.  A quick fix would be to add the line:

(property (if (symbol-list? property) (car property) property)))

to the let-block here.  I don't know if that's adequate, however.

I suggest looking at the code in issue 3625.  That "sloppy" approach
let's you concatenate the material first (requiring the symbol? check,
though) and then pull the whole thing through the property path checker.
 In this case, it would appear that you want to call it with #:min 3
#:max 3 #:default 'Bottom as anything but a toplevel property would be a
cause for problems.

And you should be able to get at your property using (third p) or so.  A
similar recipe should be good for tweaks, just using a different #:start
value for the check.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8647044/