Re: GUB failing

From: Heikki Tauriainen
Subject: Re: GUB failing
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:34:00 +0300

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 15:32 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > So will we have to wait for Heikki to provide a fix, or are you able
> > to fix it yourself?
>
> Pushed a fix to staging.

This patch just keeps on giving trouble...  I'm very sorry for breaking
things this badly for other people, this certainly never was my
intention.

(I wasn't aware of the existence of "my_round", although this could've
again be remedied by just studying more of the existing code, and in
searching the manpages for a suitable standard library function, I made
the unfortunate additional mistake of not checking whether "lround" had
been part of any pre-C++11 standard.  Thanks for fixing this on my
behalf.)

A small question out of curiosity (and ignorance, I'm not familiar with
the nature of the automatic checks that are made on submitted patches):
why wasn't this problem caught before the issue was allowed to enter the
"Patch-push" stage?  (According to the issue page
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3581>, several
versions of the patchset managed to pass make.  Ideally, this step
should probably have failed to prevent the patch from proceeding any
further through the stages...)

--
Heikki Tauriainen