Re: Linux Audio link to 'Lilypond'

From: James
Subject: Re: Linux Audio link to 'Lilypond'
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:14:06 +0100

Hello,

On 20/10/13 13:56, Phil Holmes wrote:

I discussed lilydev3 with GP - he thinks it's too big for LinuxAudio, and for testing purposes it would be best to appeal for a hoster on -user.

I assume that's a compressed size?

--
Phil Holmes

It's an ISO file created by the ISO/Live distibution software (whose name escapes me at the moment), however I have been running the updated (13.04) version of LilyDev on my more powerful Server at work in a VM for the last week and actually it seems that it is more unstable in a VM than my good old 10.04 Ubuntu distribution is.

Significant amounts of spiking RAM and Paging useage compared to the older version and it bought my server to a standstill a few times (I had to wait for a long time before it dropped to where I could just about move the mouse to kill Virtual Box). So for now I have gone back to old LilyDev and will look again at a different distribution perhaps.

Maybe this will get the eventual ISO smaller.

James