Re: Make sure slurs actually avoid stafflines. (issue 15400049)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make sure slurs actually avoid stafflines. (issue 15400049)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:41:43 +0000

On 2013/10/23 07:16:36, Keith wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc
File lily/slur-configuration.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc#newcode121
lily/slur-configuration.cc:121: Real mid_pts_cor = 0.6 * correction /
(3 * (t -
(t * t)));
It is not too bad, and we just started review.
0.6 is one empirical constant from which 0.4 = 1.0 - 0.6 follows,
3 comes from the definition of cubic Bezier curves, etc.

If we have a Bezier with start and end point at height 0 and control
points at height 1, I get 0.75 for the height in the middle.  Giving
everything a slope does not change the value for t=0.5, but it's no
longer the top of the curve then.  It may be that 0.75 is some sort of
upper limit on how for we may get the maximum to go from the direct
line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/