Re: Make sure slurs actually avoid stafflines. (issue 15400049)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Make sure slurs actually avoid stafflines. (issue 15400049)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:44:35 +0000

New patch set uploaded.
I expect that it may not be very good - i'm tired and cannot think
clearly.

I have a rough idea of how this problem should be fixed ideally, but
implementing such solution would require much more work.

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc
File lily/slur-configuration.cc (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc#oldcode62
lily/slur-configuration.cc:62:
On 2013/10/24 03:33:43, Keith wrote:
On 2013/10/23 04:22:23, Keith wrote:
> > but the function was broken: it only moved slurs in one direction

We concluded the same thing about the old code.  The old code intended
to move
slurs in one direction only.

I was only confused by your comment. I interpreted 'broken' to mean
"failing to
to what was intended".

Ah, ok.  For me the intent was to avoid the collision, and in this
regard old code failed.

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc
File lily/slur-configuration.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/15400049/diff/1/lily/slur-configuration.cc#newcode69
lily/slur-configuration.cc:69: // Get the point(s) where the curve is
horizontal (i.e. the belly):