Re: LilyPond Feta font - natural design

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond Feta font - natural design
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:27:26 +0100

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
>> (I hope you're not suggesting to remove the brushing.)
>
> No, but i'm thinking whether it could be adjusted a bit so that it
> would print better.

You fundamentally cannot make something that looks straight on 600 dpi
and brushed by 5 pixels on 1200dpi, let alone do well on intermediate
resolutions, like 750 or 450 dpi.

IMO The right way to do this is seeing if you can add manual hints to
the OTF file. Once you have something manual that works for your
resolutions, you have figure out how to add these hints through a
script.