Re: branching

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: branching
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 15:23:40 +0100

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> As 2.18 draws near, I’d like to work with everyone to establish a
> system of branching for LilyPond development.  After several rounds of
> discussing things with David K, this emerged as the best way to avoid
> arguments about integrating work into the development branch that have
> led several contributors, including myself, to significantly reduce
> time on the project. [1]

It will take me considerable time to address this more thoroughly, but
in the mean time I want to have on record that what Mike writes here
under "this emerged as the best way" _not_ in _any_ way summarizing our
discussion.  Instead it is his _personal_ idea how to address topics we
covered.  Writing something like "this emerged as the best way" when we
did not even talk about it wrongly insinuates that it presents a common
understanding of how to address problems covered in the discussion.

Feel free to quote passages or complete mails from me in the course of
that discussion: there is nothing in there that I would not have equally
said in public.