Re: Website questions: Manual->Web

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Website questions: Manual->Web
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:01:18 +0800

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 03:40:03PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> I _think_ the odd place of "web" in the manuals hierarchy is down to
> it being the only part of the documentation that built using "make
> website" - it has something of a split personality between being
> part of the documentation and the website.

No, there's three separate issues here.

- lilypond.org/web/ : the old website
- lilypond.org/website/ : the thing built with "make website",
  with an .htaccess to make /website/foo.html appear as /foo.html
- the documentation, which includes web.texi, and thus appears as
  lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/website/  (I think, didn't check that url)

If we don't build web.texi within a normal doc build, then various
@ref{}s would fail, and the pdf-only and info-only docs would have
broken links.  Also, come to think of it, a local installation of
the html files would also have broken links.