Re: Automatically unfold percent and tremolo repeats in MIDI output. (is

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Automatically unfold percent and tremolo repeats in MIDI output. (issue 769) (issue 40720060)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:01:10 -0800

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 11:45:49 -0800, Devon Schudy <address@hidden> wrote:

Unfolding during iteration doesn't extend well to voltas, because it
changes their length. Even if the length is updated, the old length
has already been used by the parent iterator to compute moments for
subsequent events. So unless this can be changed,

Okay.  That eager evaluation of lengths by the iterators also frustrated my
attempt at a \RestUntil function (to fill the tuba part, for example, with
rests until the next tempo change) so we might change that someday.

Keith wrote:
I think we need the tremolo-type property to hold the 32 from input c2:32

On TremoloEvent, yes. But do we need it on TremoloRepeatedMusic? I
suppose it might be handy for tweaking.

I see.  It is not very likely that anyone refers to tremolo-type of the Music,
so possible tweaking does not seem enough reason to keep it.