Re: Automatically unfold percent and tremolo repeats in MIDI output. (is

From: dak
Subject: Re: Automatically unfold percent and tremolo repeats in MIDI output. (issue 769) (issue 40720060)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:41:00 +0000

On 2013/12/22 22:01:25, Keith wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 11:45:49 -0800, Devon Schudy
<mailto:address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfolding during iteration doesn't extend well to voltas, because it
> changes their length. Even if the length is updated, the old length
> has already been used by the parent iterator to compute moments for
> subsequent events. So unless this can be changed,

Okay.  That eager evaluation of lengths by the iterators also
frustrated my
attempt at a \RestUntil function (to fill the tuba part, for example,
with rests
until the next tempo change) so we might change that someday.

The lyric-combine-music-iterator seems to get along with that
preevaluation just fine, doesn't it?  Well, at least if one wants to
call what it does "just fine": no idea whether things like
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2010 could be due
to that.

https://codereview.appspot.com/40720060/