Re: Web: updated Authors.itexi (issue 44720043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Web: updated Authors.itexi (issue 44720043)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 13:01:22 +0000

On 2013/12/25 12:51:02, J_lowe wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi
File Documentation/included/authors.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode193
Documentation/included/authors.itexi:193: Devon Schudy,
On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> Uh, Devon is not a core developer of 2.18 (and that's where we need
the
update):
> as far as I can tell his work is starting in 2.19.  Now I can
cherrypick this
> into 2.18 and do fixes to that list to dial it back to the 2.18
state.

OK. I was only doing authors from 2.17.0 until 'now' (rather than
stopping at
when you branched dev/2.18).

> There is another entry puzzling to me:

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode196
Documentation/included/authors.itexi:196: Chong Yidong
On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> Chong Yidong is one of the two Emacs maintainers.  How has he made
it into our
> core developer list?

Hmm..

git log --since=25-08-2012 --pretty=medium | grep Author | grep Chong

That's how.

--snip--

commit 4d11b166f619770636a764ba629be107b8e0b81b
Author: David Kastrup <mailto:address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Dec 13 10:55:28 2012 +0100

     Issue 3018: lilypond-mode.el: Replace use of obsoleted
compile-internal

     In Emacs 24, compile-internal is no longer defined.  The
respective
     commit in the Emacs repository (from git mirror) shows:

     commit 318ea0e29450b3c6e588287719e170e35a978cf7
     Author: Chong Yidong <mailto:address@hidden>
     Date:   Mon Sep 24 20:23:25 2012 +0800

--snip--

Sorry. I often don't know one 'new' Dev from another and we have been
getting a
lot of checkins from Devs that don't have commit and/or push access.

I did put this patch up for review though :")

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode259
Documentation/included/authors.itexi:259: Alex Loomis,
On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> Again, I am of the impression that Alex Loomis would start in 2.19.
Is that
> correct?

Well I did a quick scan in the users list and they are not always
using a
specific version and again technically most users are going to be
using 2.17 (or
stable 2.16), but I have no feelings either way if you want to remove
him from
the 2.18 lists.

> In general, I'd like to use those lists/macros in order to do the
2.18 release
> message, so I need the 2.18 state.  Am I correct in assuming that
I'll get
that
> by removing the three mentioned names?

Looks like it.

> Is then there anybody missing?

Apart from any one who thinks I have missed someone from the 'support'
list -
most of those that support are already here or are in the other core
lists as
far as I can tell.

At any rate, it would seem like I cannot use the macros for everything
anyway since coreCurrent is missing a lot of core developers since they
are in developersCurrent, and developersCurrent is too verbose for the
release announcement.

Huh.  Maybe I need to do a developersCurrentShort, but it is not clear
to me what the role of coreCurrent would be.  Maybe I should just forget
about working with this file.  But since it is referenced elsewhere in
the docs, it might make sense getting the 2.18 version right anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/