Re: Web: updated Authors.itexi (issue 44720043)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Web: updated Authors.itexi (issue 44720043)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 13:31:37 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode193
> Documentation/included/authors.itexi:193: Devon Schudy,
> On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> > Uh, Devon is not a core developer of 2.18 (and that's where we
need the
> update):
> > as far as I can tell his work is starting in 2.19.  Now I can
cherrypick
this

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode196
> Documentation/included/authors.itexi:196: Chong Yidong
> On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> > Chong Yidong is one of the two Emacs maintainers.  How has he made
it into
our
> > core developer list?
>
> Hmm..
>
> git log --since=25-08-2012 --pretty=medium | grep Author | grep
Chong

> That's how.
>
> --snip--
>
> commit 4d11b166f619770636a764ba629be107b8e0b81b
> Author: David Kastrup <mailto:address@hidden>
> Date:   Thu Dec 13 10:55:28 2012 +0100
>
>     Issue 3018: lilypond-mode.el: Replace use of obsoleted
compile-internal

>     In Emacs 24, compile-internal is no longer defined.  The
respective
>     commit in the Emacs repository (from git mirror) shows:
>
>     commit 318ea0e29450b3c6e588287719e170e35a978cf7
>     Author: Chong Yidong <mailto:address@hidden>
>     Date:   Mon Sep 24 20:23:25 2012 +0800
>
> --snip--
>
> Sorry. I often don't know one 'new' Dev from another and we have
been getting

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/diff/20001/Documentation/included/authors.itexi#newcode259
> Documentation/included/authors.itexi:259: Alex Loomis,
> On 2013/12/25 12:24:10, dak wrote:
> > Again, I am of the impression that Alex Loomis would start in
2.19.  Is that
> > correct?
>
> Well I did a quick scan in the users list and they are not always
using a
> specific version and again technically most users are going to be
using 2.17
(or
> stable 2.16), but I have no feelings either way if you want to
remove him from
> the 2.18 lists.
>

> > In general, I'd like to use those lists/macros in order to do the
2.18
release
> > message, so I need the 2.18 state.  Am I correct in assuming that
I'll get
> that
> > by removing the three mentioned names?
>
> Looks like it.
>

> > Is then there anybody missing?
>
> Apart from any one who thinks I have missed someone from the
'support' list -
> most of those that support are already here or are in the other core
lists as
> far as I can tell.

At any rate, it would seem like I cannot use the macros for everything
anyway
since coreCurrent is missing a lot of core developers since they are
in
developersCurrent, and developersCurrent is too verbose for the
release
announcement.

Huh.  Maybe I need to do a developersCurrentShort, but it is not clear
to me
what the role of coreCurrent would be.  Maybe I should just forget
about working
with this file.  But since it is referenced elsewhere in the docs, it
might make
sense getting the 2.18 version right anyway.

Well the definitions are at the start of the file in the @ignore
section, but I've never really had to do much too much thinking on this.

The developersCurrent seems to be those that have done a 'ton of
programming' vs 'some'. Phil for instance is a good example of
'coreCurrent', i was moved in there by Julien (I think) but I don't do
any 'programming' but am seen more than just doc I guess.

With Trevor's suggestion to me about an 'emeritus' section moving
forward perhaps we could look at a restructure of the macros and what
they can be called. Otherwise Dev trumps core trumps everything else
(basically).

James

https://codereview.appspot.com/44720043/