Re: Add "Editing" page/node (issue 60530047)

From: lilyliska
Subject: Re: Add "Editing" page/node (issue 60530047)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:45:28 +0000

On 2014/02/07 14:29:15, PhilEHolmes wrote:
An initial comment:

https://codereview.appspot.com/60530047/diff/1/Documentation/web/introduction.itexi
File Documentation/web/introduction.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/60530047/diff/1/Documentation/web/introduction.itexi#oldcode78
Documentation/web/introduction.itexi:78:
If I build the web page, this added menu item appears as a different
colour, and
if I check the source, it fails to have the correct color as its
class.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue where to define such a thing. IISC in
the itexi file there is only the @menu section which simply lists items
without assigning any class or other value?

I'm
wondering whether 8 items is regarded as the maximum: I know GP was
always
_very_ _very_ anti adding extra width to the menu.

I can't imagine that, considering that Manuals has 14, Community 12 menu
items.

Would it be possible to have
a menu item called editing, and easier editing as part of that?

I don't think so.
Easier Editing will remain a place to jump to directly, even if you know
what the concept of a compiled system is. (Maybe it will be renamed as
one of the upcoming steps.)
The new page is explicitly intended for people who don't find their way
around all this nerdy stuff. I don't
think it's a good idea to put those two together.

Apart from noting that the patch has 2 whitespace errors,

I'lss look into it.

I'll wait until we can
resolve that before I review the patch further.

https://codereview.appspot.com/60530047/