a leave of absence (this time seriously)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: a leave of absence (this time seriously)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:11:13 +0100

Hello,

for the last two months i've been trying to balance my internship with
part-time LilyPond hacking.  Now the internship has turned into
full-time employment (yay!), and i have to face the truth: i cannot
manage both LilyPond and day job at the same time.

Having only a small amount of time available for LilyPond resulted in
me being more nervous, failing to keep up with the
discussions/reviews/etc and ultimately becoming very easily frustrated
(especially with David's down-to-earth replies, which - while valuable
- tend to irritate me when i'm trying to get something done quickly).
This was bad not only for me but for everyone involved - I apologize.

So, starting with March 1, i'm becoming inactive for the foreseeable
future (half a year).  I'll probably check this email address once a
week or so, and i may occasionally write a private email to some of
you, but i'll avoid posting to the mailing list as it's an easy way to
get involved in long discussions, which i must avoid :-(

If someone would like to contact me, definitely feel free to do so
(preferably at my other email address,
address@hidden), but be aware that i will only have
limited time.

Since LilyPond is awesome :-) i will probably continue working on it
in the spare time - maybe i'll put up some experimental patches on my
github fork (https://github.com/janek-warchol/lilypond), and i'll
probably add something to openlilylib/snippets repo from time to time.
 I'd also like to make my lilypond notes and research available to
everyone (there's quite a lot of it), but i'm not sure how to do this
yet.

Anyway, have a great time hacking on LilyPond!
cheers,
Janek