The last-minute GSoC 2014 entry for LilyPond GUILEv2 migration

From: David Kastrup
Subject: The last-minute GSoC 2014 entry for LilyPond GUILEv2 migration
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:25:24 +0100

<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2014.html#lilypond>

Uh, fiddlesticks.  It was naive of me as a response to a last-minute
call to make an informal sketch why this might be a good idea.  Somehow
I must have assumed that it would be "somebody else's problem" to cast
this into a more serious description.

At any rate, if someone knows a student suitable for this task (it's
really of the job-relevant experience kind for IT in general while most
work on LilyPond is rather specific to LilyPond and/or music
typesetting), there is opportunity until March 10 to submit a project.

It seems also allowed to propose a _different_ project which means that
if a student particularly wants to do something different for LilyPond
we might try getting that in instead or in addition.  We probably will
be competing with other GNU projects for resources, so it makes sense to
propose things that will appear interesting and solid and doable to
people reading the proposal.

See <URL:http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014>
for the details.