Re: Simplify the NullVoice context (issue 117050043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Simplify the NullVoice context (issue 117050043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 08:21:58 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/90001/ly/engraver-init.ly
File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/90001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode788
ly/engraver-init.ly:788: \override NoteHead.meta.interfaces = #(delete
'rhythmic-head-interface
This again messes around with internals in a context definition.

No, definitely no.

We might want a mechanism to reroute grob announcements for named
interfaces, possibly in connection with additional contexts/listeners:
for example, we have piano scores with multiple logical voices (as
witnessed by slurring) but a common stem or beam.  In that case a
sort-of intermediate and/or dormant context that can take over listening
to interfaces temporarily might be nice to have.  It's definitely worth
thinking about something like that.

But messing up the basic grob definition by fetching internals and
meddling through them locally: no.  Most definitely no.  That's a recipe
for inscrutable behavior and hard to find problems because the changes
it causes are unexpected when looking anywhere else but this hacky
passage.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/