Re: CG: add new instructions for LilyDev 3 (issue 2538) (issue 150830043

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: CG: add new instructions for LilyDev 3 (issue 2538) (issue 150830043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:58:02 +0000

Thanks Federico.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode28
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:28: be burnt to a DVD or
copied into a USB stick and installed like any
.. or copied to a USB ... (I don't know why, but copied 'into' doesn't
sound right) :)

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode128
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:128: in the virtual machine
settings: clic on @clicksequence{System @click{} Processor}
'click' not 'clic'.

Also I try not to break lines when enclosed in a TexInfo command i.e.

@clicksequence{....} is all on one line

As it causes odd output in the PDF. Although I think this is only
applies to TexInfo commands that link to other sections.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode145
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:145: remember just one
password.}
@warning{If the root password is left blank when prompted, the
configured user account will be be given root privileges automatically.
This means that only one password needs to be remembered.}

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode156
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:156: This will take about 10
minutes in a recent computer.
'..recent computer' is wrong. But I think we could just remove this
line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode159
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:159: When the installation
is completed, just click on Continue (you
'When the installation is complete, ...' or '..has completed,..' either
works.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode219
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:219: If you are not using
LilyDev >=3.1, you may need to install the
If you are not using the most recent version of LilyDev ...

(then we don't have to care about numbers - if someone is reading
whatever version of the CG this appears in then they can assume that the
version referred to here is the latest one). If they already have an
earlier version LilyDev installed and are reading this then you can
assume they are already up and running so this would not apply anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#newcode221
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:221: worth it.  After
installation you must log out of the session
"After installation you must log out, and then log back in again to
enable it."

(just in case someone infers this as exiting out of a terminal session
they have open within their login.

https://codereview.appspot.com/150830043/