Re: Let \time in mid-measure work without warning in some cases (issue 1

From: dak
Subject: Re: Let \time in mid-measure work without warning in some cases (issue 143450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:46:31 +0000

On 2014/09/25 03:53:35, Dan Eble wrote:
This new patch set works for me.  If you approve of it (take your
time), I'll
start working on documentation.  Thanks.

Well, your code looks simpler than my sketch: I don't see the \partial
1*0 part implemented.  But in my experiments, it does exactly the same
job even in midmeasure.  I just have no idea why and where it manages to
reset measurePosition.

When \time cuts short the previous measure without a \partial, it still
resets the timing and starts a new bar number without placing a bar
line.  That's sort of weirdish, but it has no permanent off-synch
consequences.

I'm not really sure why this works in the case without \partial and an
incomplete measure.  If you can figure it out, adding a code comment at
the place where the measurePosition check/reset used to be might help
future readers.

If not, still fine.  This covers your use case in a natural manner and
at least in my experiments it did nothing out of line when fed various
strange things.  And it will not require an instruction booklet to use
either.

https://codereview.appspot.com/143450043/