Re: Issue 1321: Enhancement: add partcombineUp and partcombineDown funct

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 1321: Enhancement: add partcombineUp and partcombineDown functions (issue 13242056)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 17:09:50 +0000

On 2014/11/01 15:26:57, Dan Eble wrote:
I *think*
it would improve the outcome of automatic beaming, but let me find an
example
before you assume that I know what I'm talking about.

Here's an example that shows both how I override voice settings now and
what I mean about using only two voices for partcombineUp.  It would
benefit other cases too.  This example is from a song that I had to beam
manually to work around the current behavior.  (I know this is not
entirely relevant to this ticket, but everything related to the part
combiner seems to be very intertwined, doesn't it?)

\version "2.18.0"

% input to part combiner
soprano = \relative f' { \partial 4. f8 a c f4. }
alto = \relative f' { \partial 4. \partcombineApartOnce f8 f a a4. }

% proposed result of \partcombineUp
two = \relative f' { \partial 4. f8 s s s4. }

\markup "3-voice output (current)"
\score {
  \new Staff \with { printPartCombineTexts = ##f } <<

    % Speaking as a user, this is ugly, but at least it is obvious
    % which voice gets which settings.

    \new Voice = "one" \with { \override NoteHead.color = #green } { }
    \new Voice = "shared" \with { \override NoteHead.color = #red } { }
    \new Voice = "two" \with { \override NoteHead.color = #blue } { }

    \partcombineUp \soprano \alto

}

\markup "2-voice output (proposed)"
\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice \with { \override NoteHead.color = #red \voiceOne }
\shared
    \new Voice \with { \override NoteHead.color = #blue \voiceThree }
\two

}

https://codereview.appspot.com/13242056/