Let \displayLilyMusic print even repeated durations (issue 206770043 by

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Let \displayLilyMusic print even repeated durations (issue 206770043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 06:11:55 +0000

That is unfortunate, but I can't think of anything better.

I use \displayLilyMusic mostly to transpose a section of music as a
starting point for music for another instrument, so the brief form was
nice to have, but not essential.

This needs an entry in changes.itely to explain
"\displayLilyMusic now prints all durations.  With the new ability to
input bare durations, it is too complicated to determine when durations
may be omitted."

https://codereview.appspot.com/206770043/diff/1/scm/define-music-display-methods.scm
File scm/define-music-display-methods.scm (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/206770043/diff/1/scm/define-music-display-methods.scm#oldcode522
scm/define-music-display-methods.scm:522: (duration->lily-string
(ly:music-property note 'duration)
maybe
 #:force-duration (null? (ly:music-property note 'articulations))
but there are too many other places to put analogous checks.

https://codereview.appspot.com/206770043/diff/1/scm/define-music-display-methods.scm#oldcode529
scm/define-music-display-methods.scm:529: ;; FIXME: { c4 c4 4 4 } must
not be output as { c4 c 4 4 }
maybe output  {c4 c {}4 {}4 }
thinking that bare durations are the new feature that causes the
incompatibility so let them be ugly in \displayLilyMusic

https://codereview.appspot.com/206770043/