Re: Attachment downloader?

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: Attachment downloader?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 23:53:11 -0400

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for the information.

On 03/14/2015 01:57 PM, Trevor Daniels wrote:
I confirm this works, at least for the one instance I tried.
I guess now we need to write a script which parses the JSON
file to find the attachment parameters and then to wget them
using the assembled url.

I think I understand now what type information is available form google-code,
now I'll need to go look into the savannah code.

If I understand correctly, the timeline allows projects to keep using
google-code issues until August 2015, at which point it will be come read-only?
This doesn't leave us a lot of time (especially that there aren't many
volunteers working on savannah code...).
I'll try to work on it (among all the other things), but it will be good to
also look at fall-back options.
if you do examine some other known bug-trackers solutions, would you mind
sharing your options with savannah people?

As a side note, to better understand the exported JSON format,
I wrote a small script which generate a static HTML from the JSON and also
download the attachments - producing a static local copy.
It's ugly but it (mostly) works.

If you're interested, you can see the results here:
 http://gcissues.housegordon.org/p/lilypond/

Or download all the files here:
  http://gcissues.housegordon.org/

if there are LilyPond developers willing to help with hacking the savannah php
code, please send an email to  address@hidden and we'll continue the discussion
there.

Regards,
 - Assaf