Re: make pretty-print available in ly files (issue 222810043 by address@

From: david . nalesnik
Subject: Re: make pretty-print available in ly files (issue 222810043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 17:43:07 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/222810043/diff/1/ly/init.ly
File ly/init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/222810043/diff/1/ly/init.ly#newcode38
ly/init.ly:38: #(use-modules (ice-9 pretty-print))
On 2015/04/07 16:13:44, dak wrote:
Uh, where is the point?  Why wouldn't a user include a module he wants
himself?
Other modules are included because LilyPond itself uses them
generously.  But
this would not appear to be the case here.

It's a convenience for people who work with Scheme in .ly files, the
same motivation behind use of pretty-printing with \displayMusic.  I
know that Harm frequently uses pretty-print, and I was prompted to make
this change at his suggestion.  (See comments here:
https://codereview.appspot.com/217260043 )

If you think this should be reverted we could do that of course;
however, I think its inclusion is helpful.

https://codereview.appspot.com/222810043/