Re: Embed LilyPond source files inside generated PDF (issue 225040043 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: Embed LilyPond source files inside generated PDF (issue 225040043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:58:36 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/225040043/diff/40001/scm/framework-ps.scm
File scm/framework-ps.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/225040043/diff/40001/scm/framework-ps.scm#newcode425
scm/framework-ps.scm:425: [ /_objdef {ly~a_stream} /type /stream /OBJ
pdfmark
On 2015/04/10 08:10:57, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On 2015/04/09 13:37:42, dak wrote:
> [ ... pdfmark is a really ugly pairing.  I'd rather use mark ...
pdfmark

I’m not sure I can use anything else than pdfmark, since it appears to
be the
official keyword in Adobe’s specification:
http://milan.kupcevic.net/ghostscript-ps-pdf/#marks

Oh, pdfmark is fine.  I was talking about replacing "[" with "mark"
here.  They are equivalent in effect (namely pushing a mark on stack),
but "[" is syntacticelly much more appropriate for pairing with "]"
(which scoops up everything on the stack up to a mark which is removed
and replaced by a vector containing the scooped content).

PostScript, being a stack machine language, does not have much in the
line of syntax (which is a feature it shares with Scheme) but there is
little point in using the existing commands in a manner that appear to
create unmatched brackets.

https://codereview.appspot.com/225040043/