Re: Fix issue 4355 -- broken beam subdivision (issue 226700043 by addres

From: lilyliska
Subject: Re: Fix issue 4355 -- broken beam subdivision (issue 226700043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 00:22:01 +0000

I have now checked the code for my interface idea, and it seems to work.
In short, I did the following:
- assign the subdivideBeams context property to base_moment
- set subdivide_beams_ to true or false, depending on the value of
base_moment_
- change to predicate of subdivideBeams to ly:moment?

As a result you can write
\set subdivideBeams = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)
to activate beam subdivision, and
\set subdivideBeams = ##f to deactivate it

In effect this would make the baseMoment property obsolete and simplify
things.

If baseMoment really is only there for beam subdivision then I think the
name isn't the best after all because it sounds like it would have some
deeper impact ("baseMoment" for what?). And it would reduce the work by
one step as it replaces the two-step:
\set subdivideBeams = ##t
\set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)

In order to implement this properly one would additionally have to
- remove the context property definition of baseMoment
- create a convert-ly rule
- update the documentation

I would like to see this change (and could give it a try), but it does
not necessarily have to be in the current patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/226700043/