Re: Improving the Contributors Guide and LilyDev

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Improving the Contributors Guide and LilyDev
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 11:55:37 +0200

Am 06.05.2015 um 07:34 schrieb Federico Bruni:

as I've already mentioned, I've already started working on a new
LilyDev.  I'm going to use tools that should make it easy to build
different versions of LilyDev (e.g. 32-bit and 64-bit, possibly also
based on different distros).

I though that you had some ideas on how to improve LilyDev, not that you
were working on building a new LilyDev..

In order to reduce work duplication, I suggest to wait with further
discussion until I have a working "prototype", which I'll present to
you for evaluation.  Hopefully this will happen within a week from
now.

I started updating LilyDev yesterday but spent just 20 minutes.
I invested some time last year to get started, but live-build is quite easy
to update and maintain.

I'll wait for your prototype, even if it looks like a work duplication
already.
Why not improving what's already available? Which advantages have the tools
you are using?