New Contributor

From: Simon Nagl
Subject: New Contributor
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 17:09:34 +0200

Hello lilypond team,

as a student of Information Technology I want to help making lilypond even better. I have some experience with C++ and Make, the other languages of the project are a new experience for me. But I have no fear to learn some new. Furthermore using git and unix tools like grep, find, ect. is no problem for me. The last skill I want to mention is that my mother tongue is german. So please do not blame me if I make some errors writing in English. But if you find some and correct them I will try to make it better the next time. I can do some translation work too.

I am using lilypond for 2 years for rewriting songs for two chorals.

What I did before writing this:
1) Reading most of the contributor's Guide
2) Suscribe to this mailing list
2) Installing LilyDev
3) Compiling LilyDev
4) Beginning to understand the software architecture of LilyPond

It whould be cool if you could give me some tasks. I think I can spend 2-3 hours weekly for this project.

Greetings,
Simon Nagl