Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 by address@hidden)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 21:29:11 +0000

There seems to be a way to do this as a simple expansion of
capabilities, so you do need to change existing input files.  Have
\language"français" accept 'ré', and also 're' for backward
compatibility with the former use of Italian names.

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/Documentation/changes.tely
File Documentation/changes.tely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode70
Documentation/changes.tely:70: of the @code{\language} command.
I suggest showing the complete @address@hidden "italiano"})

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode74
Documentation/changes.tely:74: generic Italian-derived syntax, the
@var{d} pitch may be
In English the pitch names are capital and upright: "the pitch D may be"

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode81
Documentation/changes.tely:81: deprecated in favor of @code{"español"}
and @code{"français"}
I think we should keep "espanol" because the Castañedas and ÓHaras and
Müllers of the world sometimes have to use systems that work best if we
keep our text files within ASCII.
There is no reason to deprecate "francais" because we do not currently
have it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/python/convertrules.py
File python/convertrules.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/python/convertrules.py#newcode3753
python/convertrules.py:3753: str = re.sub ('\\\\language\s*"francais"',
'\\\\language "français"', str)
We should not do an automatic conversion from ASCII to an expanded
character set.

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/scm/define-note-names.scm
File scm/define-note-names.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/scm/define-note-names.scm#newcode543
scm/define-note-names.scm:543: (francais . (
You can have here français

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/diff/40001/scm/define-note-names.scm#newcode1077
scm/define-note-names.scm:1077: ;; add two native utf-8 aliases. Pairs
obey cp-like order: '(old new)
"add one native utf-8 alias"

The new français does not need an alias

https://codereview.appspot.com/239930043/