Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 by address@hidden)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Add French-specific note names (issue 239930043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:41:04 +0200

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> Besides, this is the status for Spanish users: 'ñ' is a non-shift-needing
> key in a very prominent place. On the contrary, the very lilypondish '{}[]\'
> set are all hidden under AltGr.

Likewise here.

> I don't oppose but the alias is cheap. Spanish note names are not accented.

The alias already exists, and I don’t intend to remove it.

However, since we’re recommending \language over \include, and
"español" over "espanol", I’ve written a convert-ly for existing files
(even though the old, non-recommended syntax will still be supported,
at least for the time being).

> BTW dear lazylist: where do you have the 'ñ' on your keyboards?

Like most diacritics, in France it involves first typing AltGr+é for
the tilda, then adding the "n" separately.

Cheers,
Valentin.