Re: Master fails to compile

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Master fails to compile
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:28:38 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> I've managed to work out how to upgrade Ubuntu 10.04 to gcc 4.8.1
> with the help of StackOverflow, and can now compile again.

I'm still working on sorting out dependencies.

The troublesome macro asks is used in only three places, creating
in each place a templated function call with the same name, asking
the compiler to call the correct one of four variants of the function
based on the argument count of a passed function pointer.

If I can't get the dependencies worked out I'll be tempted to skip
the macro and use scm_call_1() through scm_call_3() in place of each
of the three macro expansions.