Re: PDF is broken for <at> notation{} encoding

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: PDF is broken for <at> notation{} encoding
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:14:53 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> [...]

I think you found the correct cause, but I cannot see how it causes this
exact problem.  Every macro defined in our include-files *macros.texi is
preceded by an extra line-break.  The pdfs on the webpage show the problem.

The change to texinfo was requested here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-04/msg00037.html
and made here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/texinfo-commits/2015-04/msg00030.html
but that change makes 'active' in the TeX sense a range of characters
that are non-printing in Latin1.

If I could remember how to run texinfo on a 5-line example file, I might
send a bug-report to texinfo