Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hi

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 00:06:43 +0000

On 2015/05/25 22:24:01, Keith wrote:
The additional copies of the stencils do make the PDF files noticeably
larger.
8% larger when I used 16-copy whiteout around all dynamics and text
marks in a
string quartet score.

The compilation time increased by 2%, desipte the repeated
computations of sines
and cosines.

With \pointAndClickOn, the file-size increased by 30% when putting the
new
white-out on dynamics and text marks.  Each copy of the stencil gets a
grob-cause mark, and these take up a lot of space.

If we use this for the built-in Xx.whiteout=##t we would have to
re-order the
operations in grob.cc:get_print_stencil() so that the 'whiteout option
is
applied before 'color and 'grob-cause are added.

Thanks for looking closer at the performance and file size implications.
 Sounds like editing the C++ is the way to minimize these effects.

https://codereview.appspot.com/236480043/