Re: Docs: clean up after \relative conversion (issue 239250043 by addres

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Docs: clean up after \relative conversion (issue 239250043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 05:13:48 +0000

Reviewers: Trevor Daniels, dak,

Message:
On 2015/05/26 16:21:48, dak wrote:

The script had about 90% coverage or so and working over Learning
manually to
make it consistent makes sense.  I think we can live with incomplete
coverage
elsewhere.

I completed (I'm pretty sure) the conversion in the Learning Manual,
because at that point we have only described one form of \relative{}.
The only changes in this patch outside of Learning Manual are places
where we talk about \relative.

https://codereview.appspot.com/239250043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode303
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:303: @code{\relative} is
interpreted just
the same as
This change does not make sense, actually.  \relative f needs to stay
here or
the sentence becomes pointless.

We have that point up on line 188 now, so I was thinking about deleting
the line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/239250043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely#newcode188
Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely:188: \relative {
Well, this is sort of a different issue/change now.

This came from the change to next two analogous examples.  Implicit
\relative c'' {} mixed with \relative{} used to explain a tricky
interaction with expanding chords was too much for my brain to keep
track of.

Docs: clean up after \relative conversion

Please review this at https://codereview.appspot.com/239250043/

Affected files (+109, -109 lines):
  M Documentation/learning/common-notation.itely
  M Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely
  M Documentation/learning/tutorial.itely
  M Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely
  M Documentation/notation/pitches.itely
  M Documentation/notation/simultaneous.itely