Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 07:04:18 +0100

On 27/05/15 21:17, David Kastrup wrote:
> James <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Well, if you try to navigate through Rietveld and upload something
>>> manually, it offers you to download and use "upload.py" for that (we
>>> have our own version of it in the git-cl directories).  And if you use
>>> that freshly Google-provided upload.py version, look and behold: same
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> So I'll chalk it up to a temporary server problem.  Or a Python
>>> version/library problem.  At any rate nothing that would likely budge by
>>> changing our version of git cl.
>>>
>> Well there is something going on, if you run ./test-patchy.py you get
>> an 'incorrect username or password' error.
>>
>> I know that it was working last night.
>
> Asked Han-Wen.  What's going on is that password authentication is no
> more with Google.
>
> <URL:http://googledevelopers.blogspot.ch/2015/02/reminder-clientlogin-shutdown-scheduled.html>
>
> So what I did was pressed "Create Issue" on codereview.appspot.com which
> tells you to use update.py and provides a download for it.  So I
> downloaded it, overwrote the version in the git-cl directory (which does
> not know about oauth2) with it, edited the --oauth2 option to default to
> True (since I did not figure out how upload.py is getting called by
> git-cl).
>
> So now git-cl -n works again.  But git cl does not just need to
> communicate with Rietveld.  Everything else (which basically means
> Google Code) doesn't, consequently.  So neither does Patchy.
>
> Got a headache now.  But at least I updated issue 4422 with a Rietveld
> review.  Even though Patchy can't comment on it.

Thanks David,

https://developers.google.com/gdata/docs/auth/overview?csw=1

That explains why test-patchy (and probably accept/reject-patchy) don't
work either.

I tried to see if I could figure it out, but I couldn't.

test-patches.py calls projecthosting_patches.py which imports a bunch of
gdata files - including auth.py and gauth.py.

After that I couldn't work out if it was just case of commenting a few
lines out or downloading some files to replace the ones in
lilypond-extra/patches/

James