Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 09:23:37 +0200

Il giorno sab 30 mag 2015 alle 18:37, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> ha scritto:

James Lowe wrote Friday, May 29, 2015 8:08 AM

 On 28/05/15 18:18, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Given this problem I thought it prudent to see if I could still import the Issues DB from GoogleCode to Allura in SourceForge. I started the import at 12 noon today (28 May) and after a disconcertingly long pause before anything happened it now seems to be proceeding normally.

I haven't really been following the back-and-forth here, but are we now
 'decided' on which tracker website we are using?

Seems not yet.

Allura at SourceForge works and looks viable. It appears to be reasonably actively maintained there. A more-or-less up-to-date copy of our Issues DB is already loaded.

Savannah may be prepared to install, maintain and host Allura, or they may be prepared to let us install and maintain it. Don't know who 'us' would be - not me, I have no *nix experience. David says he'll contact them to ask.

So far it looks like they are happy to offer hosting but we'll have to install and maintain Allura or whatever we choose eventually.
At any rate, I wouldn't use Sourceforge:
http://helb.github.io/goodbye-sourceforge/

or any third party server which we do not trust.

AFAIK there is no alternative to Allura on the table, so that seems a de facto decision.

And of course the scripts still have to be re-engineered to make life easier, whichever option is chosen (or forced on us).

What about Gitlab?
https://about.gitlab.com/features/

I vaguely remember that Urs is using it for his projects, maybe he can give us some feedback and warn about any possible limitation. What if Google decides shutting down even Rietveld? Gitlab has also code review.