Scheme coding style

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Scheme coding style
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:25:16 +0200

Hello,

a while ago I found this document on what appear to be very widely accepted standards for formatting scheme code: <http://community.schemewiki.org/?scheme-style>. I find it very useful and it seems to be altogether uncontroversial while warranting good legibility. Do we also accept these guidelines in our use of scheme? If yes, we should consider documenting them, or rather, referencing them in our docs. This could be – in the usage manual <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/general-suggestions>, where the corresponding Lilypond coding recommendations are found. – in the scheme tutorial <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/extending/scheme-tutorial>, but where? Someone who is completely new to scheme will not make much use of style instructions. – the Learning Manual would be best for propagating their use, but that doesn’t actually introduce scheme, does it? (thinking aloud…)
What do you prefer? I could elaborate the change also.

Yours, Simon