Re: Scheme coding style

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Scheme coding style
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 23:13:25 +0200

I’ll come up with some text suggestions, or a patch, but not tonight.
Greetings, Simon

Am 29.05.2015 um 23:10 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
On 5/29/15 2:30 PM, "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

a while ago I found this document on what appear to be very widely
accepted
standards for formatting scheme code:
<http://community.schemewiki.org/?scheme-style>. I find it very useful
and
it seems to be altogether uncontroversial while warranting good
legibility.
Do we also accept these guidelines in our use of scheme? If yes, we
should
consider documenting them, or rather, referencing them in our docs.
It's already mentioned in:
CG 10.3.2 Desired file formatting
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/programming-withou
t-compiling
I was sure we had put that reference in the CG (I'm pretty sure I found it
and put it there).  But when I looked in the CG I couldn't find it.

A cross-reference in Usage would probably be a good idea (as would a
cross-reference from the CG to the .ly file guidelines in Usage.

Thanks,

Carl