Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:49:06 -0400

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 5:39 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Perhaps we can tweak the 'website' slightly (i.e. make small changes to
> the TexInfo code) to perhaps do something like moving some/all of the
> text from here
>
> http://lilypond.org/introduction.html
>
> to the front page/news and jig the menu (?) links around to fit?

My thinking is that it would be good to move some or all of the examples
page[1] to the main column of the home page where the news is now.  That
clearly shows what LilyPond can do, front and center.

To me the full news listing seems less important to feature so prominently on
the home page, so one idea would be for the news list to become a list of
headlines in the home page side bar (possibly made wider) with each headline
linking to that news entry on a separate news page.  That separate news page
could just be a slightly revised version of the current "old news" page[2]
(i.e. just call it “News”).

-Paul

[1] http://lilypond.org/examples.html
[2] http://lilypond.org/old-news.html