Re: Doc: NR add @knownissues for Percent Repeats (issue 250530043 by add

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: NR add @knownissues for Percent Repeats (issue 250530043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 20:02:00 +0000

On 2015/07/19 19:35:56, J_lowe wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/250530043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely
File Documentation/notation/repeats.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/250530043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely#newcode764
Documentation/notation/repeats.itely:764: @knownissues
On 2015/07/19 18:56:10, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> @knownissues should come after the end of the @seealso items, which
include
> Snippets: and Internal Reference:.  See CG 5.5.2.
>
> Otherwise, LGTM.

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/250530043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/repeats.itely#newcode769
Documentation/notation/repeats.itely:769: @q{timing track}.
On 2015/07/19 19:11:00, dak wrote:
> Experienced users will know what we mean with "timing track": it's
basically
> sort of an established practice discussed occasionally on the user
list.  But
> reader of the manual has no chance to figure out what we mean here.
Do we
> generally add examples in @knownissues?  If we do, this might be
worth one.
Or
> possibly two: one bad, one working.

I seem to recall we have done examples with @knownissues, so if you
can come up
with something concise I can add it.

Well, I'll offer
\fixed c''
\new Staff
{
  \repeat percent 3 { \time 5/4 c2. 2 \time 4/4 2 2 }
}

\fixed c''
\new Staff
<<
  \repeat percent 3 { c2. 2 2 2 }
  \repeat unfold 3 { \time 5/4 s4*5 \time 4/4 s1 }

It only has the slight disadvantage of not actually working.  The choice
of double percent repeat is correct: that much is fine.  But it does not
find the bar line to sit on.  Probably still worth using, and then
blocking the issue on a fix of this problem as a separate issue.

Can't be that hard.

Famous last words.

https://codereview.appspot.com/250530043/